ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
ISO 50001 is a management system that helps you improve the energy performance in your business, and use the energy more efficiently. Thus, the objective of this standard is to cut energy costs while improving business sustainability.
Companies that have used ISO 50001 Energy Management standard have managed to improve quality and environmental management. Even though the ISO 50001 is not obligatory, organizations worldwide can face a high number of benefits by obtaining this certification.
Benefits of ISO 50001 certification:
- Reduced carbon footprint and greenhouse-gas emissions
- Meet mandatory energy efficiency goals or legislations
- In some countries mandatory if you want to tender for some public sector work
- Reduce energy costs
- Increase credibility intended for customers and stakeholders
- More effective risk management
- Help manage a in sink decision making procedure with all staff members
- Develop a well-managed right the first time approach
- Provides senior management with an efficient management process
- Demonstrated compliance with customer, regulatory and/or other requirements
- Sets out areas of responsibility across the organization
- Improves, communicates a positive message to staff and customers
- Provides continual assessment and improvement
Benefits of ISO 50001 certification to the clients:
- Energy cost reductions
- Green Manufacturing
- Less polluted, healthier and safer environment
- Quality product and services
- Energy efficiency
ISO 50001:2018 certification is a third-party audit performed by EUROBRITAIN, upon verification that an organization is in compliance with the requirements of standard, will issue compliance certificate. Certification is then maintained through regularly scheduled annual surveillance audits, with re-certification performed on a triennial basis.