OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
OHSAS 18001 is a voluntary document that establishes the requirements for an effective OHSAS MS. This document was developed to help companies control OHSAS risks and improve overall performance. An OHSAS 18001 management system is a statement to your employees, customers, suppliers, stakeholders and community that your company has done everything in its power to reduce health and safety risks.
Benefit of registering to OHSAS 18001
- Eliminate or minimize risk to employees and other interested parties who may be exposed to OH&S risks.
- Reduce downtime and associated costs.
- Demonstrate an innovative and forward-thinking approach.
- Increase access to new customers and business partners.
- Manage health and safety risks effectively, now and in the future.
- Improved confidence in operations
- Improved shareholder confidence
- Valued public image
- Better management control
One of the most important aspects of the Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OHSAS 18001) is its requirement for proactive identification, monitoring and management of health and safety risks. Once implemented, it perpetuates good practice in order to minimize operational risk.
OHSAS 18001 certification is a third-party audit performed by EUROBRITAIN, upon verification that an organization is in compliance with the requirements of standard, will issue compliance certificate. Certification is then maintained through regularly scheduled annual surveillance audits, with re-certification performed on a triennial basis.